Friday, December 14, 2007

2nd Annual Shopping Day....

Every year, well, at least this year and last, we have a ladies shopping day on my husband's side of the family. It's always a lot of fun. This year I decided to make a little goodie bag for the girls. They contained a card and a paper covered candy bar.

OK, tell me if you've ever done this......I have an embarrasing tendency to make cards for people and forget to write anything in them! I did it with all these and when I told them what I did, my sister-in-law said I did that with her birthday card. She just thought I was being clever and giving her a card to regift (good idea, BTW). I think I just get excited to see them finished, or maybe it's because I am always making them under a time crunch, who knows. So, if I've ever given you a card and not written something in it, just know that my sentiment is actually in making you the card.

These are the completed bags and their contents......

I used some 2 way glue to adhere the micro beads to the fringe on her purse and jeans. I love that look.
I used Copic markers to color her in. I really love these markers! I use the Copic sketch markers. They have a brush and a beveled tip. I haven't found much use for the beveled tip, but I really do not know how to use these markers to their full potential. There are some people out there that can make these markers do some amazing things. My favorite color is E21 - Baby Skin Pink, it's a great light skinned flesh color.
Once again, I am too lazy to post my supplies, so if you have any questions, just leave a comment.
I know I've not posted a lot lately. It will probably stay that way until after the holidays - there just isn't enough time lately... I know you can all relate.
I also want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Kevin and Alicia and new baby Aidan! We're so happy for you guys!!!

No comments: