Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall Colors......

I'm not a huge fan of this time of year. When the weather turns cold, my lips are instantly chapped, my hands instantly dry, and my hair instantly static ridden. I am definitely a summer person and fall means that summer is so far away! Actually, there are some "Fall Things" I really like - the smell of a fireplace in the air, a thicker bedspread, and of course, the Holidays! I guess I actually juts hate the transition period.

I do love fall colors. Browns, Oranges, Muted Greens. Fall has the best colors. Those colors inspired this card. To color in the stamp, I used blender pens and ink from the lids of the ink pads. (See the colors below.) Again, I used my favorite Designer Series Stampin' Up Paper - Apple Cider.


Supplies: Ink Pads: Basic Brown, Marigold Morning, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, True Thyme, and So Saffron, Stampin' Up. Paper: Summer Sun Cardstock (I Think), Apple Cider DS Paper, Stampin' Up. Stamp Set: Basket Full of Fun, Stampin' Up. Ribbon: Tangerine grosgrain, Stampin' Up. Accessories: Paper Piercer, Blender Pens, Stanpin' Up. Orange Eyelets: ?, Scallop Square Punch, Marcy Uchida.



I also completed my laundry room this weekend. I LOVE it!!! This completes a total re-paint of the entire main floor. Thanks to Mau Mau for watching Bean. Check out the before, during, and after pics.


Before: I'm really gonna miss this border! Too bad Tim threw away the matching switch plate - I could have used that for blog candy!!


During: I finally get to hang my vintage washboard - 2 years later! I love the name of the paint color: Longjohn Red. This color used to be in our bedroom in our last house and I loved it so much, it now covers our bedroom in this house and our laundry room. If you like it, it is a Ralph Lauren color and we got it at Home Depot. I must say, we have used RL paint a few times in the past - it really is good paint. The matte finish is my favorite (easily scratched, though). It covers so well and so smoothly. It's worth the price.
After: It's really hard to photograph a laundry room! We still need to get the floors done - they are blue flowered lanolium. Don't worry - I have rugs covering them now!
Next Up: The downstairs bathroom!
OK, one last reason to like Fall - time to catch up on indoor projects!

No comments: